Guntur District, Andhra Pradesh
Guntur became part of the Mughal Empire in 1687 when Emperor Aurangzeb conquered Golconda's Qutbshahisultan, to which Guntur belonged. In 1724, Asafger, the viceroy of the southern states of the empire, declared his independence as the Nizam of Hyderabad. Raja Vasireddy Venkatadri Nayudu (1783-1816) moved his capital from Chintapalli in the Krishna district to Amaravati on the other side of the Krishna River. Guntur was placed under the control of the East India Company in 1788 and became a district of the Madras Presidency. The Guntur region played an important role in the struggle for independence and the establishment of Andhra Pradesh.
Known for exporting Chile, cotton, and tobacco, Guntur has the largest Chile market in Asia. The city is surrounded by many ancient temples and ruins.
Its total area is 2443km2.
Guntur has a total of 58 subdistricts.
There are 712 villages in this area.
There are a total of 16 cities in this area.
All District of Andhra Pradesh
Anantapur District, Andhra Pradesh
Anantapur is named after a large tank&nbs..
Chittoor District, Andhra Pradesh
The Chittoor district was established on April 1, ..
East Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh
Reorganized in 1859 and divided into the Godavari and Krishna di..