Kurnool District, Andhra Pradesh
Before the 11th century, little was known about the town of Kurnool. The earliest knowledge of this settlement dates back to the 11th century. It was developed as a transit point on the south bank of the Tungabadra River. It was ruled by the Chola dynasty in the 12th century and then succeeded by the Kakatiya dynasty in the 13th century. Kurnool has evolved into a transit point on the south bank of the Tungabhadra River. It was placed under the control of Jagirdar before it eventually became part of the Vijayanagara dynasty. King Atutaraya, the successor to Sri Krishna de Valaya, built the Kurnool fortress in the 16th century.
An interesting place in and around town is the Condall Lady Fort. Formerly known as the Condalledi Bourge, it is a historic building and major tourist attraction in Kurnool, northeast of the town.
Its total area is 7977 km2.
Kurnool has a total of 54 subdistricts.
There are about 870 villages in the Kurnool district.
There are a total of 3 cities in this area.
All District of Andhra Pradesh
Anantapur District, Andhra Pradesh
Anantapur is named after a large tank&nbs..
Chittoor District, Andhra Pradesh
The Chittoor district was established on April 1, ..
East Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh
Reorganized in 1859 and divided into the Godavari and Krishna di..