District Namsai was formed on July 15, 2014, at the third fork in the Lohit district. The Lohit district was part of the Lohit Frontier Division (LFD), headquartered in Tezu, from 1954 to 1965. The Lohit Frontier Division was part of the Sadiya Frontier Tract (Mishmi Hills District), headquartered in Sadiya, before August 13, 1952. Sadiya was an administrative center not only during the reign of British India, but also during the reign of the Ahom people. Therefore, understanding the administrative development of the southwestern region always begins with understanding the chronology of Sadya.
The Golden Tower Monastery in Tengapani, Namsai district, is a major tourist destination. Known locally in Thai Kamti as "Kom Kam", the Golden Tower is one of the largest Buddhist monasteries in northeastern India.
The total area of the district is 1587 km2.
Namsai has a total of 5 subdistricts.
There are 178 villages in this area.
There is only one town in this area.
All District of Arunachal Pradesh
On February 16, 2004, the Hawaii-based Anjau district was est..
The scenic hill-covered Changlan district is located in the s..
About East Kameng
]Until 1914, East Kamen was part of Assam..