About West Kameng
In 1946, the district area was excised from Balipara and named Cerasub Agency, whose headquarters remained as Assam's Chariduar. After India's independence in 1954, the Cerasub Agency has renamed the Kamen Frontier Division, whose headquarters later moved to Bomdila. The 1950 invasion of Tibet began the influx of "Tibetan refugees" into the region. In addition, the invasion of Chinese troops into the area destroyed or destroyed many historic buildings. The Kamen Frontier Division has been renamed to Kamen District. The history of the West Kameng region traces its roots back to the days of Mon Kingdom. The name of the region is derived from the Kameng River
District West Kamen is one of the most visited places in Arunachal Pradesh. Upper Gompa, Chilipam Monastery, Santi Valley and Tippi Orchid Research Center are several tourist destinations.
The total area of the district is 7422 km2.
Divided into a total of 13 subdivisions.
There are 260 villages in this area.
There are a total of two towns in this area.
All District of Arunachal Pradesh
On February 16, 2004, the Hawaii-based Anjau district was est..
The scenic hill-covered Changlan district is located in the s..
About East Kameng
]Until 1914, East Kamen was part of Assam..