About Malappuram District
Madras Ram is located on Calicut Madras Road / Madras Ram is the district headquarters. Previously, Malappuram was the headquarters of the European and British troops, and later the headquarters of the Malabar Special Police (MSP). The ruins of an old fort built by Tipu Sultan still remain at this location. Prior to 1947, the area of the district today belonged to the talc of Calicut, Ernado, Valbanad and Ponani in the former Madras Presidency. However, in 1957 and 1969, major changes occurred in the jurisdiction of the region.
Famous for ?
The temples and mosques of the region, a famous center of Hindu Vedic scholarship and Islamic philosophy, are known for their magnificent festivals.
The total area of the district is 3554km2.
Malappuram has a total of 7 subdistricts.
There are about 138 villages in this area.
There are a total of 7 cities in this area.
All District of Kerala
About Alappuzha District
Alappuzha was home to the Punnapra-Vayalar uprising against t..
About Ernakulam District
District Ernakulam was founded on April 1, 1958, with t..
About Idukki District
District Idukki was born on January 26, 1972. The name Idukki..