In 1854 Chandrapur formed an independent district, and in 1874 it was composed of three Tehsil, Viz Mul, Warora and Brahmpuri. However, in 1874 the upper Godabay district of Madras was abolished and four Tehsil were added to Chandrapur to form the Tehsil headquartered in Sironcha. In 1895, Tehsil's headquarters moved to MUl in Chandrapur. A small Zamindar district from the Chandrapur district. Moved to a new district in 1907. In the same year, it covers an area of about 1560 square kilometers. km. The three divisions of Lower Siron Chatesil, Albakunad Nugil, consisting of Cherla, have been transferred to Madras State.
Famous for ?
District Chandrapur is known for its super-thermal power plant and the vast coal reserves of Wardha Valley Coalfield.
The total area of the area is 11,443 km2.
Chandrapur has a total of 15 subdistricts.
There are a total of 1792 villages in this area.
There are a total of 23 cities in the district.
All District of Maharashtra
Ahmed Nagar, the largest district in the city..
The current Akora district was part of&nb..
The ancient name of Amravati is "Udumbravati",..