Prior to October 21, 1960, the Jalgaon District , also known as the East Kandesh District, was part of the "Kandesh". According to Abu'l-Fazur (Gradwin's Aine Akbari 1157), the name Kandesh comes from the title of "Khan" given to King Farouki's second Maliknasil by Ahmadhi (1411-1443) in Gujarat. According to some sources, the name comes from the Khandava Forest in Mahabharata. Mahabharata refers to Yuvanshava, the ruler of the Toranmal (Nandurbar district) who fought against Pandava. The rock temples and caves of Nashik and Ajanta indicate that Kandesh was one of the rulers of Buddhism during the first three centuries of the Christian era.
Famous for ?
Jalgaon is also famous for making gold jewelery. For this reason, Jalgaon is colloquially referred to as the "Gold City" of Maharashtra.
The total area of the area is 11,765 km2.
Jalgaon Division is divided into 4 subdivisions
There are about 87 villages in this district
There is only one town in this district.
All District of Maharashtra
Ahmed Nagar, the largest district in the city..
The current Akora district was part of&nb..
The ancient name of Amravati is "Udumbravati",..