Chamarajanagar is the southernmost district of Karnataka, India. It was excised from the original Greater Mysore district in 1997. The city of Chamala Janagar is the headquarters of this district. Chamarajanagar was formerly known as Sri Arikottara. Chamaraja Wodeyar, Mysuru's Wodeyar, was born here, so this place was renamed after him. The sacred Jain shrine, Vijaya Parsvanath Basadi, was built in 1117 AD by Puni Sadandanayaka, commander of the Hoysala king Gangaraja. This district was one of the seven new districts formed that day.
The city is famous for the silk sari industry hand-woven here. This city is also known as the "Silk City". It is one of the largest talc in Karnataka.
The total area of the area is 5101km2.
There are a total of 5 subdivisions in this area.
There are a total of 182 villages in this area.
There are a total of 5 cities in this area.
All District of Karnataka
The first documented evidence of the existence of the Bagalko..
Verarifort is a historic site with a history of over 3000 yea..
Belagavi (formerly known as "Venugrama" or "Ba..