During the reign of Tipu Sultan, the city was known as Siamese Lavad. It was called a closet after Sir Barry Close (1756-1813) in the pre-independence era. It was renamed Ramanagara by former Karnataka Prime Minister Kangal Hanumansaya. Kempe Gowda is an architect, architect and guide for Magadi Taluk in the Ramanagara district. The Ramanagara district, which is part of the rural Bangalore district, was split in 2007 and the district headquarters was rebuilt in Ramanagara Tarku along with the other three Tarkas, Channapatna, Kanakapura and Magadi. The population of Ramanagara district in 2011 is 10,82,739.
Ramanagara is known for silk moth farming and is nicknamed Silk Town and Silk City. The silk produced in this area is an input to the famous Mysore silk.
The total area of the district is 3516km2.
Ramanagara has a total of four subdistricts.
There are a total of 137 villages in this area.
There are 6 cities in this area.
All District of Karnataka
The first documented evidence of the existence of the Bagalko..
Verarifort is a historic site with a history of over 3000 yea..
Belagavi (formerly known as "Venugrama" or "Ba..