Jaunpur, probably founded in the 11th century, was swept away by the Gomati flood. His old name was Jama dagni puram. It was rebuilt in 1359 by Fīrūz Shah Tughluq, but the fort still remains. The city was the capital of the independent Islamic kingdom of the Sharky dynasty (1394–1479). It was conquered by the Akbar Empire of the Mughal Empire in 1559 and placed under British control in 1775. Jaunpur has several ancient mosques, including the Aṭalā mosque (1408) and Jāmiʿ Masjid (Great Mosque; 1478). A magnificent 16th-century bridge spans Gomaty
Famous for its magnificent 16th century bridge that straddles Gomati. Jaunpur is a major road and rail hub.
The total area is 4038km2.
The district is divided into 6 subdivisions and 21 development blocks.
Jaunpur Tesir has about 747 villages.
There are a total of 5 cities in the Jaunpur district...
All District of Uttar Pradesh
About Bahraich District
Dense forests and fast-flowing rivers are ..
About Ballia District
Ballia is located in the northeaster..
About Balrampur District
Barrampuru is a municipality in the Barra..