Rampur was founded by Nawabu Alim Hammad Khan, the adopted son of Sardar Daud Khan, the head of the Rohilla tribe in North India. Rohillas was an Afghan who came to India in the 18th century when the Mughal Empire declined and ruled Rohilkhand, then known as Kathehr. Lampuru, under Nawabra Zaari, was the first kingdom to join India in 1949 and became the only Muslim-dominated district in Uttar Pradesh. Shortly after joining, Nawab handed over to the Government of India several other assets such as the official royal palace, the Rampur Kira or Fort built in 1775, and the royal complex
Ramrichaak (knife) is famous. Also known as the city of Nawabs.
The area of Rampur is 2367 km2.
The Rampur has a total of 6 subdistricts.
There are 171 villages in the Rampur district.
There are a total of 3 cities in the Rampur district.
All District of Uttar Pradesh
About Bahraich District
Dense forests and fast-flowing rivers are ..
About Ballia District
Ballia is located in the northeaster..
About Balrampur District
Barrampuru is a municipality in the Barra..